Monday, December 10, 2012

Slow-Cooked Honey Sesame Chicken (That Tastes Likes Pistachios)

So I woke up one morning, feeling like P. Diddy. So, as P. Diddy is apt to do (I imagine), I decided to throw some chicken in the crockpot to cook while hubby and I were at work. Thanks to Pinterest, I had lots of recipes to choose from, and I decided to go for The Recipe Critic's Skinny Slow-Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken. Seth and Dave both insisted that if you lightly took in a whiff of the dish and held it in your mouth briefly, you would taste pistachios. I have no idea. They were quite adamant, though. Let me know if you get the same reaction. 


Slow-Cooked Honey Sesame Chicken



2 lbs of chicken (I used bone-in thighs, and the meat just fell off the bone. Yum!)

2 cups of honey
1 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
salt

pepper

red pepper
sesame seeds


Arrange the chicken in the crockpot, and lightly sprinkle some salt and pepper all over it.  In a medium/large bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, and red pepper. Pour that goodness all over the chicken, set your slow cooker to low, and let it cook. Mine probably cooked for about 8 1/2 hours.


I served the chicken over some udon (Japanese noodles), drizzled lots of sauce over the noodles and chicken, and then sprinkled some sesame seeds on top of that. It was sooo good. The chicken was so tender and juicy and fall-off-the-boney...mm-mm good. It's actually kind of making me hungry now. With that, I'm signing off. My Thanksgiving adventure is forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment